Thursday, June 3, 2010
Bringing Home Worms -- Thankfulness
One Thousand Gifts continued...
11. Elijah's Mike Wazowski (from Monster's Inc) impersonation when trying to get his sister out of bed. Yelling at her "WORK OUT THAT FLAB THAT'S HANGING OVER THE BED!" Of course he doesn't know what flab is and so sort of garbled his way through that part of the quote, but aside from that the impersonation was great...
12. Watching Elijah and Desiree play with the pet snails they found in our yard -- naming them, racing them, swinging them on the swing.... If you click on this picture you can see the snails as they approach the finish line.
13. Me teaching Elijah that it's okay to pick up worms. He rescued a big one from the wet street and carried it home to our garden.
Bringing home snails -- No. Bringing home worms -- Yes.
14. Explaining "Amelia Bedelia" books to Desiree as she reads them -- especially the part about getting the bread to rise...
15. Doing a favour for someone when I haven't had opportunities to lately: walking Desiree's classmate and her brother to school while their mom is out of town. Desiree pretending that she and Mia are sisters as they run down the sidewalk on the way to school together.
16. Watching "Dreamer" for Friday Family Sleepover night. The kids loved it (even though it wasn't a cartoon! lol...) and my husband and I enjoyed it too. Elijah(4) describes his favourite part: "Did you know that the girl actually was helping the family by taking popsicles and helping the dad's horse by feeding it?"
17. Chocolate covered almonds that my husband bought unexpectedly. Expected chocolate is great, but unexpected chocolate is always better.
~❀~ Chelsey ~❀~