Thursday, June 16, 2011

On Falling Down the Stairs and Other Things

I fell down the stairs a week or so ago.  In the dark, around midnight, with my hands full.  This is the recipe for falling down the stairs.  

I only fell down the last stair or two (thinking that I'd already reached the bottom).  My knee was twisted at a horrible angle and I've spent a lot of my time lately on my back with my leg propped up in the air.

I purchased a Gal Pal Ice Pack years ago because it was cute and practical, but I hadn't had a reason to use it for myself until now (My kids use yogurt tubes as ice packs and then eat the yogurt tube afterwards -- it's a great system!)



I haven't been on the computer as much as normal since I'm "old fashioned" and have a desk computer, but I have found random things to mention (aside from my cute ice pack).



Have you heard of Kids Bowl Free?  From June 10 -- September 10 kids who are signed up for the program can bowl 2 free games per day at participating bowling alleys.  You just have to pay for shoe rentals.  You can also sign up 4 teens/adults for the summer for an additional 25ish dollars.  Of course you don't have to go every day, but you could if you wanted to...


I have to tell you about Pinterest.  Back in the day I had very well organized bookmarks on my computer with things I wanted to make in the future, things that inspired me etc...  This is like having well organized bookmarks, but with PICTURES!  You can also see things that other people have "pinned" to their "bulletin boards" and re-pin them to your own boards.  I now have all sorts of ideas organized on Pinterest for upcoming birthday parties and crafts that I hope to make in the future.

If you want an invitation you can e-mail me or leave your e-mail address in the comments.  You have to see it to fully appreciate it!

~❀~ Chelsey ~❀~

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness Chelsey I hope you're okay, the stair thing sounds FREAKY!

    I'm old fashioned too. I only have a desktop. It's part of my mission to keep technology from taking over my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! poor you. I hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you didn't fall down the whole flight of stairs! Praying you feel better soon. That site looks neat. :)
    -Kim U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I feel awful for your fall. I hope you are feeling better ;)
    Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the well wishes. I'm steadily improving...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are doing better! I love the yogurt tube idea for kids! I will totally use that! I keep hearing about Pinterest. I'll have to check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, we love using yogurt tubes for "ice packs". Normally the kid who isn't injured quickly offers to get a yogurt tube for the one who is hurt because they get a sympathy yogurt tube for themselves out of the deal...

    I hope you'll love Pinterest...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...